A programme of research investigating screening to detect atrial fibrillation, a heart condition responsible for one in ten strokes
Here you can find out more about our programme of research.
If you are a patient and are considering taking part in our trial, please go to the ‘For Patients’ menu above.
If you have received an invitation from your practice to join the trial and want to consent online, please click here.
If you are a practice and want to find out more about working with us, or to access the transfer service, please go to the ‘For Practices’ menu above.
If you need to contact us you can find our details on the Contact Us page.
Latest Trial News
- Map of participating GP practices (20th March, 2023)
- Why people take part in screening for atrial fibrillation: insights from the SAFER trial (16th March, 2022)
- SAFER-AUS Trial announced (7th June, 2021)
- Press release – SAFER Trial starts in East Anglia (1st March, 2021)
- Pilot trial starts (21st February, 2021)
- Second feasibility study starts (21st February, 2021)
- Adapting AF screening for remote delivery – a second feasibility study…and a blog (21st February, 2021)
- COVID-19 pandemic delays start of next stage of SAFER Trial (16th April, 2020)
- Update on SAFER Feasibility Study (16th April, 2020)
- SAFER Study on BBC Look East (16th August, 2019)
© University of Cambridge 2018-2022
Department of Public Health & Primary Care